Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Garden of Eden, hee hee.

I was in bed most of the day on Friday, but I knew on Saturday that there were things that needed to get done.
Since we didn’t have Grant, now was the time to run around and do what we needed. Mark and I went into town and loaded his truck with a Roto Tiller. We also hit up the Home Depot for seeds. Mark’s mom and dad had given us 4 tomato plants, and we’ve wanted to do a garden for some time. Then out on a limb, on our way home, we stopped by the local animal feed store… Where we ordered 10 chickens!! They won’t be here until April 8th, but that gives us plenty of time to build a coop for them. We are very excited about it though.
Grant came home and was eager to help his dad plant the tomato plants. I love watching the two of them. Grant is really adjusting well to having a dad, and loves to help him (especially if there are cool tools involved!). We planted all 4 (whoopee) tomato plants, and then we planted pickling cucumbers, spinach, dill, and cilantro. We will also be planting peas, pumpkin, watermelon, and radishes.
This is turning into something we enjoy doing together!! I LOVE LIVING OUT IN THE ‘COUNTRY’! And I love that Mark is patient with me, and understands that I am new to this all.













2 comments:

Alison Hixson said...

Seriously! Living in the country is awesome! Can you see why we love Jerome so much? Although, I am not sure we would be daring enough to have chickens! I am so excited for you to become a farmer! Too bad we live so far away and can't exchange produce!!!

Betty said...

Soo... does that mean you just wear fig leaves, if you live in the garden of eden!!! Thinking of you!