Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Emotional. If I had to sum up this weekend, that would be the perfect word. Friday night I received a phone call from my brother Rusty, who informed me that my dad had been in a motorcycle accident. I felt hopeless. I wanted to go to Flagstaff, but I knew that it wasn't in the best interest of my dad... My dad is such a strong man, and I know it would have been harder on him. Plus having a 2 year old running around crazy would NOT have been very ideal.

Plus the Maroney's had been planning on going to Panatongia lake to go boating, and I felt that I needed to go. They seldom do things as an entire family and I know it's important to bond with them. With that, on Saturday we all headed to the lake.
It is so nice going with them. I thought it would be stressful with Grant, but there were many hands there to help. Grant loved the boat!! We were only on it for 5 to 10 minutes, but he enjoyed it! After we all went for a short ride, the boys took the boat out, and I guess something happened to the motor, and it died on them. We all ended up just picnicking up by the shore. It was it was very hard for me to keep my mind from wondering.
Can't you tell that Grant just loved being with Papa and Dad?? He really did. Just can't tell in the picture.
After lunch the boys headed down and went fishing. It was so cute. Grant loved just being there.
Like father, like son.
Mark's BIG catch!! He was really disappointed, because I had a horrible headache, and wanted go home... He just wanted to catch 1 fish... Next time, I promise, he will get a "fish" story for Bethany.
Randy was the only one who caught anything. BUT he threw it back in the lake!! Fisherman, I will never understand them ;)
I enjoyed being out there with them. It was nice to have my mind on other things. On Sunday Grant and I headed to Casa Grande and cleaned Grandma and Grandpa Bingham's house. Today hasn't been very busy, so I'm left just thinking about my dad. I know my Heavenly Father spared him, and I am eternally grateful for that.

No comments: