Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Skunks.

(Grant LOVES taking pictures... this is his self portait) This has been a difficult week and a half. But I can honestly say that they have been extremely huge teaching moments. It first started with the death Nick Ivie. If you've known me since I've moved to Sierra Vista, you've know it's been hard for me to be out going and make friends. However, Christy (Nick's wife) befriended my earily on. She has always been thoughtful of me, and what I might need. So when I heard of his death, it stung, and I hurt for her. I quickly just broke down into tears after learning of what had happened. Grant came in, and asked what was wrong. I told him that someone I knew had been killed. That was enough for him for the moment. A day or two later, he noticed that the flags were half massed. He asked why they were. I explained to him in greater deal why it was a big deal. That there were two little girls that were without a dad, and that he was in Heaven, and not coming back. He asked who had killed him, and I explained (at the time it was believed that they were illegal drug runners) some bad guys had done this. In a soft voice he asked me how bad people are made. I was able to talk to him about temples, and how we choice right from wrong, and that people decide to be bad... Unlike the super hero shows he watches. Fast forward to yesterday. We were coming into town, and he asked me why did Heavenly Father EVER make skunks, because they smell so bad! I laughed, and I was able to explain to him again that the animals didn't start off like this. And I told him the story of Adam and Eve. He loves asking questions. More than that, I love that he wants to learn more about the gospel, and really has a desire to be more like Jesus. He is my example. I now know why they say to be more like a child. Meek and Humble.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I love teaching moments