Monday, August 30, 2010

Blessings

A few months ago I blogged about some exciting things changing in the Mark Maroney family. Vowing to my husband that I wouldn't say anything until he was ready, I kept my mouth closed on my blog about it. Work for Mark has been touch and go for over a year. Some days, he has plenty of work, but mostly he doesn't. Back in May, Mark went in for an interview with the Army base here in Sierra Vista. About a month later he received a call informing him that he had been selected for the position he had applied for... Pending a security clearance and physical. Here it is, August 30, and he just finished up his 3rd part of the physical!! But much to our excitement, they gave him a start date of Sept 13!!!! This means we will know exactly what is coming in every pay check... And he will always have work. I feel truly blessed about this.

For those that don't know, I am still working for the hospital. Back in June I knew that they would always find a reason to keep me working there. I have always had great employers, and CQCH is no different. However, I knew my place was in the home. Which is why Mark and I felt I should give my notice. On my last day of work they came to me and offered to double my pay to just come in 1 day a week (my mouth dropped), and at this point I knew that could offer them my plan, which was to work from home. They accepted. So I have been able to work from home while the kids nap, and at night. Can I just say, how blessed I feel? Mark and I have done what we felt was the right thing to do, and Heavenly Father has poured out many blessings on us.

Ok, ok, that was the just of it all. In case you couldn't tell, I AM WAY EXCITED FOR MARK!! GOOD JOB HONEY!!!!!

6 comments:

Angela said...

Oh wow, my mom would call that a tithing blessing! I'm so happy for you, especially that you can make it work to be home with you kiddos. They are so lucky to have you! Happy for your hubby too, that's awesome!

Brenda Sue said...

Congratulations to the both of you!

Kendi said...

Congratulations to your little family! I am so happy for you guys and for the answers to prayers you have received. Miss and love you bunchers!

Grandma B said...

This wonderful news!!! Congrats to both of you. Isn't being a Mom the best!!!
Aunt Ilene

RandiSue said...

That is FANTASTIC!!!!!

Darcee said...

Yay! You'll love it!