Friday, May 13, 2011

Peachy Keen

Last night I was looking through a recipe book Ruth had put together for me. In it she had put a few of her own journal entries. I skipped the recipes and just read the things she had put in there, and looked at the pictures. Ruth is a good mother, and I envy the time and patience she put into raising her kids (I know she is probably laughing right now). I realized something as I looked through it, if my kids had to go off of my blog, they would think everything was always peachy keen.

Please don't get me wrong, there are days when I have every ounce of patience needed to love and care for my kids... Then I have the other days. Where the ONLY thing that keeps me together and hanging on is throwing my tired, cranky, means kids into the car and going for LONG drives to get them (Grant) to sleep. I love them, I do. But raising them is no fairy tale, although, I know there will still be a happy ending. But at the end of my hard days, after daddy has come home and the kids are snuggled in their beds, way before 7.... I remind myself, everything is peachy keen.

No comments: