Tuesday, May 22, 2012

10 months later....

Wow, today is Grant's last day of preschool. I am excited for our final summer before he goes to school. But I can't help but look back on this past year, and be amazed at how far he has come. Grant can say, and write all of his letters and his numbers. He cuts and he glues. He can say all of the letter sounds. He colors in the lines. He is able to retain and remember so much information. He loves to solve problems, and thinks ways around things. But it is so much more than that. Grant emotionally has grown. I watch him, and am amazed at the handsome young boy he is becoming. Most of the time, we are able to reason with him, and he comprehends things. Two weeks ago I was able to go to his preschool, and after the aids were talking to me about him. How much of a helper he is, and how he helps (& tattles) with his classmates. He wants to be a friend to all, and cares about everyone. At age 4, this kid can say the best prayers. He remembers those that are hurt, and prays for them. He truly is an amazing boy. And I'm proud he is my son.
He still loves to be affectionate with us. He loves to hold Cami's hand, and give us all kisses. He tells me all the time that he loves me. He will still kiss me before getting on the bus, and as soon as he is off the bus, he holds my hand. I am fearful that starting school will hurt this part of him, but I know he is a chosen spirit. He was chosen to come to earth now, and he will help many, myself included. Oh dear Grant, I love you, and am so excited for our summer fun to begin!

No comments: