Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Summer Fun

With summer approaching, I started thinking about what to do with Grant. I didn't want to spend tons of money, but I didn't want to sit around doing nothing. A few months ago I was talking about this to my older sister, Kendi, who gave me the idea (before I saw it on pinterest) to put idea's in a jar and each day, let Grant pull something out, and we do it. With that in mind, I counted out how many weekdays we have until school starts again, and I made a list of things for us to do. Some cost little or nothing to do them. Some are short and require just doing something around the house. Some things require going places and little money. Either way, it gives Grant some thing to do, and some thing fun to remember. We made some rules. He has to clean up before we do them, and he has to be happy. All I can say is that I am extremely excited for this summer, and I hope it works out!
Today, Grant pulled out one to play sports outside... However, the weather wouldn't permit this... so I let him draw again, and it was to paint with fruits and veggies.
I suppose they have you use veggies and fruit, so the kids can eat while they paint ;)
We also made fresh strawberry scones... As you can see, they must have tasted pretty good because we have to make another batch so Mark can taste them =)

No comments: