Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Siblings Bond

There is nothing like a siblings bond. I was blessed with great brothers and sisters, though I didn't always appreciate them growing up. I do have very vivid memories of my older brother, Rusty. As far back as I can remember, he was my defender. I recall being in kindergarten or 1st grade, and being bullied by these twin boys in my class. I still remember getting sent to the principles office with Rusty, because he came to my rescue. After moving to Casa Grande, I had a hard time adjusting to the new school. I remember one morning before school started, I was crying. Rusty was off playing basketball, but he stopped and came to be with me. Soon after we started not liking each other again... But he is still to this day, one of my hero's. I love him, as I do with all my siblings.

I imagine the relationship I have with my brother, and I hope someday my own children will be friends and defenders for each other. Grant already has taken a special bond with Cami. He is always wanting to be near her. I get after him, but then realize that he only wants to love her as much as he can.





Whenever he can, he wants to hold her, kiss her, or just cuddle with her. This past Saturday I went outside to feed the chickens. Grant was way in to his movie, and Cami was sleeping in her bouncer. I figured it would be ok. I came back to find Grant had picked Cami up and was trying to hold her. She wasn't crying, but it sure made me panic. He just wants to be with her all the time.



When he wakes up in the morning, or from a nap, he wants to see the 'baby'. He is quick to help her out. She knows who he is, and is always looking around for him. As soon as he is in sight, she is all smiles. As a mother, there is no greater joy than watching their bond grow.

2 comments:

Kaye said...

The pictures are priceless. What beautiful children you have. I can tell how much joy you have being a mom.
Wish i could be with you when you are sealed, know I send my love.

love,
aunt k

Angela said...

Oh Rachel, I just got through reading your last couple of posts. How sweet and tender they are. Thanks for sharing. What greater thing is there in life than love? Especially of family, our husband and children. I am so happy for you.