Sunday, January 24, 2010



How can someone put into words, some thing that was so amazing, and so right? Yesterday, I sat in the temple with my complete family. My husband and I were able to spend just a few moments in the Celestrial room together before we were sealed. Everything that had happened the week prior was nothing but a memory, and we were finally at the one place I had been dreaming about for months, a year to be exact! Sitting in the sealing room, I looked around and saw all familar faces, and was surprised at everyone who came to support us. I am grateful for not only my family and friends, but for Mark's also, for coming to love and support us.



This past week proved to a very difficult one for me. My family started to get sick. In fact, Mark, had to go to urgent care Friday night. For some reason our finaces were very different this week, and I wasn't sure if we even had the money for gas to get up to the temple. Work for both Mark and I this past week was very hard and stressful. This past week has been a hard one with weather!! Driving to Casa Grande on Friday, the desert looked like more like a lake. Saturday morning we woke up and had to hurry around trying to get ready... ONLY to discover that we (meaning me)had left a dress for Cami to wear at our house in Hereford!!! Plus with all the rain, my hair would NOT do anything right.


As soon as we got to the temple, everything stopped, and I was able to enjoy being there.



The sealing was such a great experience. I didn't think I would cry, but I couldn't help but get emotional at the thought that Mark and I were going to finally be forever. We were given the best gift, Grant was able to observe the sealing. Though, he couldn't be sealed to us, he was able to at least watch. He struggled with me not being able to hold him, but I feel he did very good considering he missed us. After the sealing of us to Cami, the sealer said we could get Grant. As a family we hugged and Grant lightly and so tenderly kissed his sister as we held each other.

I strongly believe that our Heavenly Father knows and plays an important key in ours lives. I truly believe that Jesus came and was reserected so that I could be forgiven of the things I have done. And because of that, I was given the oppurtunity to be "glued" to my family for forever.

7 comments:

Malita Bingham said...

Yeah! Congrats!

Darcee said...

Congratulations! I remember similar emotions when I was sealed to Tom. My patriarchal blessing said it would be the happiest day of my life--at it was! Here's to a wonderful forever!

Marjorie said...

Awesome! And Congrats!

Angela said...

I'm so happy for you, felicidades!

Salazar Family said...

Rachel I am so unbelievalby happy for you!!! I actually got tears in my eyes reading your post!! I hope one day I can be half as happy and lucky as you!!!
Miss ya friend!!!!

Kaye said...

Congrats Rachel, I am often amazed that my soul can be confused, but once I get to the temple everything comes into focus, and my soul is soothed with the peace of the temple. I leave the temple rejuvenated and full of my savior's love. truly a heaven on earth.
you have a beautiful family
love you,
aunt k

Katie and Dennis said...

You made me cry. Thank you. :) I love crying when it means I am happy. So very happy for you and your eternal family.