Friday, April 16, 2010

Funny kid


This past Wednesday a lady from early intervention came out to evaluate Grant's speech. He can talk up a storm, but he refuses to say certain sounds (F, G, S, R). The funniest thing about it is he will say certain words correctly, IF he wants to. The program only goes until the child is 3, and then they transition to preschool. I figured that since Grant will be 3 in a few months (where did the time go??), I will just look into preschools now. This is with the hope that one will have someone there that can work with him on it. But until then, I am working with him, in hopes it will help.

However, Grant (or Ant, as he calls himself), is starting to really put some things together. He really cracks me up. This past week we came home, only to find that Toby, our dog, had chewed up some of my gardening things. I get SO mad at this dog when he chews!! Grant decided to discipline Toby himself. He said, "bad Toby, barn NOW!!", and when Daddy comes home, Grant yells at Toby, "Toby move, dads truck!!". A few weeks ago we bought Grant Toy story, and he probably has watched parts of the movie every day. He can quote the movie!! Along with the movie Up. I am totally amazed, because he quotes it perfectly with the movie. He is such a sweet boy though, and I am glad he is apart of my life!!

OK Alison (Hixson), you asked who Cami looks like... I have been meaning to post pictures of Mark, myself, and Grant when we were her age. The funniest thing is Cami looks like all 3 of us. And Grant has moments when he looks like Mark, but he especially ACTS like Mark. It is cute, and I love them very much!!

1 comment:

Alison Hixson said...

Yeah, I see what you mean. That picture of Cami looks more Mark than Bingham. She is a good mix! Weird how it can change picture to picture!!