Friday, June 4, 2010

Memorial Weekend 2010

This was the first year in over ten years that I didn't have the option of going camping with my family. It seems that everything has changed this past year. Kendi and her family moved, and my parents decided to go to New York for Memorial weekend. So that just left us to do whatever we wanted.

Which was, nothing.

Well it started out that way. We decided that instead of going somewhere, we would buy a WII... A black WII! I have been wanting one for a very long time, but never got one. So we went on Friday and bought it. Nice investment, I must add!!

Sunday we got up, and were hanging out, waiting for church. All of the sudden I told Mark I wanted to go to Casa Grande. He was 100% for this, but his idea was to go up through Safford, to the new temple and over to Megan's, then to my parents. I thought, sure why not, it's only an extra 5 hours. But we had no where to be, so we packed up in 5 minutes and were gone.

Our first stop was the Gila Valley Temple. I love it. We were able to usher for it back in May, but we wanted Grant to be able to see it.

We drove 5 hours out of our way, to be outside for about 20 minutes. It was nice to see though.

Grant and Cami took a few pictures, and then we were back in the car heading towards Megan's.

When we got there, Grant was being really shy. So Aunt Megan suggested they play outside in the sprinklers.

Grant was still playing shy, but he had a good time!!

Cami relaxing out under the tree. Being there made me really want grass!!

Then it was back in the car to my parents. They weren't coming home until that night, so we had plenty of time. On Monday, we woke up and went to Home Depot and Lowe;s. I'm glad my mom was there to help with Grant... He has been trying my buttons lately.

What would be a swimming picture, without showing Mark's farmers tan! Yes, we ended up back at the house swimming. We hung out for a little bit longer and then came back to Sierra Vista and had dinner with the Maroney's.

Can I just say, I missed camping. It was just odd. I miss having Kedni's family around.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Marks farmer's tan is ridiculous! Cami is getting so big, she's sitting up so much better than when I was there.