Friday, November 5, 2010

It's Grant, minus a body part


I know you're wondering why such a brutal title... It's been that kind of morning! Grant hasn't been happy these past few days, mainly from lack of sleep, and this morning was no different. After trying to get him to calm down from one of his melt downs, he was sitting in front of one of our sofa's. The next thing I know he's screaming because he "hurts".

I, being the "wonderful" mother that I am, just thought it was part of him having a hard morning. He didn't give me much of a chance to see anything, because he ran off into his room. Moments later he came out with blood everywhere, which then sent his mom into a panic. I, at first thought he had bit a hole through his tongue, but after closer examination, I realized that he had in fact pulled his tooth out, roots and all. I would LOVE tell you how, but he didn't do anything that would cause this... Except biting. He bits things when he gets mad, and all I can think of is that he bit the blanket on the couch and it got stuck.

I called around to all the dentist here in Sierra Vista, and to our luck, everyone was closed, except one! The good news is that they were able to get him in right away. Everything I read previous to this said that if a child loses a tooth before they naturally fall out, they then need to put a spacer in. This dentist said that we should just let it be and let it heal without anything in it!! That means Grant will go 4 years without a tooth there!!!

So how is Grant?? He calmed down pretty quick after this happened, and was sooo interested in his missing tooth. At first he wanted me to put it back in... Then he just wanted to just look at himself in the mirror, and he wanted to show his friends his tooth. I guess boys will be boys and moms will be worrying moms!!

1 comment:

Alison Hixson said...

That looks SOOO painful. Poor guy!