Monday, August 3, 2009

My Meggie

I am not sure why I am so homesick today, but I am!! I'm homesick for my sister. I am not sure if it is because I only have 11 more Mondays left before Cami is here, or because I miss "fitting" in. We do NOT always get along... I'll admit, I can annoy the crap out her, but I am sure she'll admit, that no one can annoy her like I do! I miss Megan. I miss that she gets me, and I don't have to try and impress her. I miss that we can complain about everything in the WORLD. Before Mark came along, she was my bestest friend.
This was taken at Lake Powell. One night I was struggling in Utah, and called her up and asked her to meet me half way. She amazingly agreed and we met up at Lake Powell. It was so boring, but somehow we had a lot of fun. I'll never forget that it was here that she discovered how allergic she was to aspirin and broke out all over her face!! But we totally laughed about it. I miss the fact that she always makes me laugh!!We went to my first concert together... I was pretty old, I know! On our way up we decided that we wanted to stop and buy hot pickles... Only because they make us, I don't know, gassy... LOL. My little sister is never afraid to be herself. And she truly lives by the motto "If they don't like me, oh well." She has been able to help me so much with that!

I have so many wonderful memories of Megan. Growing up, I never thought we would be friends. I am so proud of the person she has become. She is a great mommy, wife and sister. I admire what she has done with her life. I long to live closer to my family. I miss my family. I miss fitting in, and having them to be around. But I probably miss having my little sister the most, especially right now! I LOVE YOU MEGAN!!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

It is so nice to have sisters. I don't see mine enough, but they are always there when I need them.

Kendi said...

I am so glad you guys have each other! You have been so blessed.