Friday, August 14, 2009

Who's counting??

There is a girl at my work who is expecting a baby 2 weeks before me. We always stop and talk about Dr appointments, and how our pregnancies are going. Yesterday she stopped in my office to talk. I asked her how much longer she had. To my surprise, her response was, "I'm not exactly sure. Around 8 weeks." My jaw dropped and I rambled off everything I knew about what I had left, which is:
  • 70 days, exactly today!
  • 10 Weeks exactly!!!!
  • I only have 9 more Mondays left to work
  • 6 more Dr visits (hopefully)
  • I only have to wear my work clothes for 10 more weeks (I hope they'll fit!)
  • 5 more paydays
  • In 17 days, officially, I will be able to say, "I'm having a baby next month"
  • Mark & I only have 7 more Saturdays to get the bathroom and Cami's bedroom done (he works 1 Saturday a month)
  • 43 days left of work, good thing I'm training someone!!

Ok, so I may be a little obsessed! I'm very excited. I can't wait to see what she'll look like... To start losing this weight, ugh... To finally share her with Mark... There is so much that still needs to be done, it's overwhelming. But I am glad that the c-section is scheduled and we know that she'll be here on Friday October 23, Mark and I will have been married exactly 9 months! Bet not a lot of people can say that!

2 comments:

Alison Hixson said...

Wow, it is getting so close! So if you are training someone, does that mean that you won't be going back?!

Julie said...

I was just the same as you! I was obsessed with counting down :) There will always be so much to do, get as much done as you can now because otherwise it will be on the back burner once Cami gets here! :)