Monday, August 17, 2009

To my little guy!

Yesterday was Grant's 2nd Birthday!! From a 2 year olds point of view, he had a party ALL weekend! We went to Casa Grande for the weekend, and Uncle Crispin made him a cake. Then we had a cake with Grandma & Grandpa Bingham. Since his birthday fell on a Monday, both Mark and I had to work. But later that night we had some more cake! Did I mention that at daycare they celebrated Grant's birthday too?!?! To much cake for me, but he loved it!! Grant truly has been the biggest blessing in my life. I never knew the joys that could come from being a mom. Last night as I held him, I told him how much I loved him. How much I thought I loved him 2 years ago, but that it has grown so much from then. He is so happy, and brings joy into every one's life. It's hard to imagine loving him more, but I think I said that 2 years ago. I'll let you know in another few years!
This was the cake at Grandma & Grandpa Bingham's. You have to love the "candles"... Rather matches! He loved this cake, mainly because we didn't cut him a piece and he just ate whatever he wanted. Finally Grandma got smart and took it away!!

Daddy had brought home his birthday present, without wrapping it first. So Grant got a sneak peak, and he KNEW what was in the bag!! HE could NOT wait for the Maroney's to show up...

He had to have it... Right then, no exceptions!
He is such a cuddly little boy! He loves to give hugs and kisses.

The Maroney's got him a Thomas the Train set. I was amazed that he knew what a train says. "CHOO CHOO"!! He was so cute with it!

This is the cake I made for Grant. It was my first attempt at being "crafty" or creative! The eyes look off, but for the most part, it didn't look to bad... Just didn't take the best! I guess I have a lot of years ahead of me to get that part down!!
Overall Grant had a great birthday! Good thing I have a year before the next!!

1 comment:

Alison Hixson said...

Happy Birthday Grant! I wish you guys lived closer, so he and Mace could be friends! The cake you made looks awesome! You did a great job! I thought about making that same cake for Mace, but now I can't copy you! jk!