Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring

My week has been busy... Besides setting my yard on fire =)

When we got home from Utah, we started working on our garden. I'm so happy that half of it is in, the rest has been delayed due to some unfortunate events. I was going to finish planting it yesterday, but the 40/50 degree weather made me think twice. It has been an enjoyable thing to do with Grant and Mark. I love that Grant is into it and loves observing the plants growing.

Last Friday we adopted 10 new baby chicks. They have to stay inside until they have grown some more, and keeping the kids away from them is hard business!! I just pray the next 5 weeks goes quickly!


Then last Saturday our cat, Gizmo, gave birth to 5 kittens!! If you've seen our cat, you'd know she isn't big, AT ALL. I am amazed that she had THAT many kittens. Sadly, the day of the fire, she moved her kittens... All but one. Because I am a softy, I took it in and tried to "mother" it as best I could. The next day it died. I can't wait to adopt out the other kittens and then get Gizmo fixed. I am not a fan of all these cats!!

Spring is in full swing now, and I love it! I love the weather change, and the green on the trees. I am happy enjoying these few months before it gets HOT!!

2 comments:

Alison said...

My roommate would be jealous she wants a baby chick so bad.
Also these pictures are really cute but how could they not be, they have the cutest kids and baby chicks.

Shiloh said...

FUN! haha.. We actually ordered some chics just recently, should be getting them any day now.